Designer Collection Warranty
What We Cover and for How Long
Manufacturer warrants to the original residential purchaser for a period indicated on this carton from the original date of purchase that:
- The design layer of the floor will not stain, wear through or fade from normal sunlight or artificial lighting under normal use conditions in a dry indoor residential setting.
- The floor will be free of manufacturing defects.
- The floor joints will remain secure under normal use conditions.
- The floor will resist water damage from normal use conditions when you follow our recommended cleaning and care practices.
What You Must Do to Keep the Warranty in Effect
- You must acclimate, install and maintain your floor according to the installation and cleaning instructions.
- Your floor must be installed in a dry, climate controlled, indoor, residential environment (temperature range of 64°– 86°F (18°– 30°C) and humidity range of 35% to 75%.)
- You must keep your proof of purchase, the end carton label that identifies the product and other documents and receipts, such as your installation invoice.
What This Warranty Does Not Cover
- We do not cover any installation costs for Planks installed with known defects. You must inspect all planks for recognizable defects before and during the installation.
- We do not cover surface wear or damage resulting from abusive conditions, misuse of the product, freight damage, modification, alteration, repair or service by anyone other than the authorized Manufacturer’s representative, or accidents, including but not limited to severe impact, scratching, cutting, negligence or chemical damage.
- We do not cover scratches, indentations and marks that continue across multiple planks. Gloss reduction is not surface wear. Surface wear must be readily visible from the distance of 6 feet, measuring at least 1 square inch.
- We do not cover water damage caused by natural disasters, standing water (e.g. from appliance failures), excessive moisture emissions from a concrete slab (more than 5 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. over a 24-hour period), hydrostatic pressure, pet urine or other corrosive liquids or outside water (from snow, rain or water which enters through an open window or door, etc.)
- We do not cover molding, underlayment, vapor barrier and accessories.
- We do not cover damage from rotating beater bars, steam cleaners, abrasive scrubbers, wet mopping, waxes or similar cleaning and care methods.
- We will not review claims unless you purchased Designer Wall Planks from Swiss Krono in the original packaging.
DISCLAIMERS AND HOW STATE LAW MAY RELATE TO THIS WARRANTY
MANUFACTURER DISCLAIMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY FEDERAL AND STATE LAW, ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MANUFACTURER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS WARRANTY CONSTITUTES THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES, AND NO WAIVER OR AMENDMENT SHALL BE VALID UNLESS IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES OF MANUFACTURER.
LIMITED COMMERCIAL USE WARRANTY
If this laminate flooring offers a limited commercial warranty, we warrant to the original purchaser for the number of years listed as “commercial” that the design layer will not stain, wear through or fade from normal sunlight or artificial lighting or stain under normal use conditions in a light commercial setting. This limited commercial warranty includes all of the above conditions.
This limited warranty, dated May 2017, supersedes all prior warranties.