What We Cover and for How Long
We warrant to the original residential purchaser for a period of thirty (30) years from the original date of purchase that the design layer of the wall planks will not stain, wear through or fade from normal sunlight or artificial lighting under normal use conditions in a dry indoor residential setting.
What You Must Do to Keep the Warranty in Effect
You must acclimate, install and maintain your wall planks according to the installation and cleaning instructions. Your wall planks must be installed in a dry, level, climate controlled, indoor residential environment (temperature range of 64°-86°F (18°-30°C) and humidity range of 35% to 75%.) You must keep your proof of purchase, the end carton label that identifies the product and other documents and receipts, such as your installation invoice.
What This Warranty Does Not Cover
- We do not cover any installation costs for wall planks installed with visual or known defects. You must inspect all wall planks for recognizable defects before and during the installation.
- We do not cover surface wear or damage resulting from abusive conditions, misuse of the product, freight damage, modification, alteration, repair or service by anyone other than the authorized Manufacturer’s representative, or accidents, including but not limited to severe impact, scratching, cutting, negligence or chemical damage.
- We do not cover scratches, indentations and marks that continue across multiple planks. Gloss reduction is not surface wear. Surface wear must be readily visible from the distance of 6 feet, measuring at least 1 square inch.
- We do not cover water damage caused by natural disasters, standing water (e.g. from appliance failures), excessive moisture emissions from a concrete slab or wall (more than 5 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. over a 24-hour period), hydrostatic pressure, or other corrosive liquids or outside water (from snow, rain or water which enters through an open window or door, etc.)
- We do not cover damage to the wall or supports that hold the wall planks.
- We do not cover molding, padding, vapor barrier and accessories.
- We do not cover damage from rotating beater bars, steam cleaners, abrasive scrubbers, wet washing, waxes, or similar cleaning and care methods.
- We will not review claims unless you purchased from Swiss Krono or from an authorized retailer in the original packaging.
How to Make a Claim
To make a Warranty claim, contact us in writing within 30 days after you detect a potential defect. Please include your contact information. You may call us at (866) 892-4633 or email us at: email@example.com. You can also write to us at:
Swiss Krono, LLC
810 Technology Drive
Barnwell, SC 29812
Click here to access our return form
What We Will Do to Correct Problems
If we approve a claim, we may choose to repair, replace, or refund the original cost of the defective materials. If the product is no longer available, you will be able to choose from our current designs of equal value. We warrant products that we have repaired or replaced only for the remainder of the original Limited Warranty period. We reserve the right to inspect installed wall planks and to remove samples if needed. We may also pay reasonable labor costs to repair or replace any defective product if the wall planks were professionally installed and a claim is approved during the first year after installation. If your wall planks were professionally installed and we approve a claim after the first year following the date of installation, we will pay a percentage of your professional installation cost based on the warranty period and the date of installation. For example, if you have a 30 -year limited warranty period and you make an approved claim 10 years after installation, we would pay 2/3 (66%) of the approved installation cost. This warranty is limited to the cost of the wall planks and reasonable professional installation labor costs as outlined in this warranty. We will not pay for any consequential damages.
DISCLAIMERS AND HOW STATE LAW MAY RELATE TO THIS WARRANTY
MANUFACTURER DISCLAIMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY FEDERAL AND STATE LAW, ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MANUFACTURER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS WARRANTY CONSTITUTES THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES, AND NO WAIVER OR AMENDMENT SHALL BE VALID UNLESS IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES OF MANUFACTURER.
This limited warranty, dated December 2016, supersedes all prior warranties.