Tips for Cleaning and Caring for Laminate Floor
- Never leave any amounts of liquids (water, juices, soft drinks, alcohol, etc.) on the floor for more than the time necessary to clean the spill. Immediately wipe up wet areas from spills, foreign substances or wet shoes.
- Do not use any cleaning agents containing wax, oil or polish. Leftover residue from these agents can leave a dull film on the floor.
- Do not use steel wool or scouring powder, as this could scratch the floor.
- Use either a natural or colorfast doormat outside and inside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, sand, grit and other substances from being tracked onto the floor.
- Use wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors, such as hard plastic or felt pad protectors under chair and table legs.
- Never use a floor steam cleaner, as this will harm your floor and void your warranty.
|Cleaning Stains and Other Problems:||Cleaning technique:|
|Chocolate, Grease, Juice, Wine||Dampen a rag with water and laminate floor cleaner and spot clean.|
|Asphalt, Cigarette Burns, Crayon, Dried Foods, Ink, Nail Polish, Paint, Shoe Polish||Dampen a rag with rubbing alcohol or 100% pure acetone and spot clean.|
|Candle Wax, Chewing Gum||Allow to harden and gently scrape with a plastic scraper.|